This is a blog about Pam, Brian, and Lilly. From time to time we will add videos and pictures that show the things that we do and things that we like.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

The Gingerbread House Progresses

This morning I finished up the rest of the pieces for my gingerbread house including the tricky curved piece. I ended up not baking it on the candy tin. The can had an irregular bump in it (the ridge to hold the lid) and it wasn’t quite long enough to accommodate the piece itself. So when I pulled it out of the oven (and while still extremely hot) I draped over a plastic container I had and molded it to that. It turned out pretty well and it looks like it should fit.

I also put in all of the sugar windows. The sugar windows started to crystallize as I got to the last section I was working on, but it’s not like you actually need to see in the gingerbread house. Nothing going on in there. Here’s a close-up shot of one of the better windows.

So maybe this evening I will start to assemble the goliath.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home